Abstract: Cannot Continue Due to the "Next >" Button being grayed out in the Installation Wizard
If have entered a valid serial number and the “Next >” button remains grayed out in the InstallAware Wizard this may be due to the fact that either the “User Name” or “User Company:” field is blank. This information in install wizard is automatically propogated from the Windows registry in Widows XP and you may experience difficulties if these fields are left blank. In some cases, such as upgrading an exsisting installation, these fields may not be editable. If you are in such a situation you can perform these steps to workaround your issue:
WARNING: Editing the Registry may have adverse effects on your system and improper use of the Registry Editor may cause damage to your system. It is recommended that you backup your registry and create a system restore point before making changes to the registry.
1) Go to: Start-> Run-> type in "regedit" and hit Enter.
2) Browse to the Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
3) Create or Modify the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below:
3a) Data Type: String Value
Value Name: RegisteredOrganization
Value Data: (Your Organization)
3b) Data Type: String Value
Value Name: RegisteredOwner
Value Data: (Owner Name)
4) Exit regedit and Reboot the system.
5) Re-Run the Install Wizard and enter the Serial Number and proceed through the installation.
NOTE: For steps 3a and 3b the values enclosed in ‘( )’ should be modified to their appropriate Values.
E.G. For step 3a,(Owner Name) would be changed to: CodeGear
By: Nate Sharp